Tuesday, March 16, 2010

manic mode

Second straight day of manic mode after work. When I'm at work I'm completely unfocused, tired, or just want to do nothing. By the time I get home, I'm exhausted and starving. Then I eat and suddenly I'm non-stop organizing. Yesterday it was the coupon binder (I finally got caught up!!). Today it's T3's school papers, vet reminders/receipts, and those annoying instruction manuals for everything we own. I guess I started with these things because either there are lots of them or they are important to keep organized, or mostly because they were the main things in the first pile of papers I decided to weed through. I actually feel like I accomplished something for once!! But it makes me want to keep going, even though I'm so tired I should be asleep already. Tomorrow I will pay for it again when I'm at work, unable to focus. But I'm sure tomorrow night I will be at it again, unless I either get sick, get a migraine, or just plain crash.

We had a fairly good night with T3, minus a few talk-back moments. We are, however, at a point of severe frustration with his teacher and his school. They've absolutely got a target on him now and are watching every little move he makes to "prove" to us what a bad kid he is. Today the most problematic teacher sent another email about what he did wrong. It was so miniscule I had to wonder if it was even worth making a big deal out of it. I mean really, the kid has ADHD and behavior issues, and you want to get upset with him because he is working on Social Studies in your Language Arts class? Could you possibly pick your battles and focus on the bigger issues? How is that you expect him to change everything all at once? The woman drives me insane!! I used to be on her side, but at this point she is out of control. I'm sure she's not happy about our asking her to modify her approach to avoid some unnecessary issues. Understood, but that isn't reason to nit-pick just to show everyone that you are right and our approach doesn't work. I'm not buying it because to me it just shows that her approach doesn't work. Maybe now I'm just on the defensive but I'm tired of T3 getting in trouble for every little stupid thing. We've got a meeting set up this Friday a.m. with all of his teachers, the counselor and the dean/principal. Can't wait for the 20 minutes to be spent listening to the teachers tell us everything that we need to fix, before they go off to class. There is no time for discussion when all of the teachers are there. It's a ridiculous way to do things but what can I say? This would be meeting number 4 like this so far since apparently the first three were so successful (really?!?). Venting the frustration does make me feel better though. A little ...

No comments:

Post a Comment