Monday, December 14, 2009

It is lost, and so am I

Okay people, I am losing my mind. Or maybe it's already lost. We cannot find anything, ever!! Except maybe when we aren't looking for it - like 6 months later. I am a bad parent. I don't think there is any other way to put it. T3 (step-son) is supposed to be on ADHD meds but apparently has not been for several weeks. This is because T1 (dad/soon-to-be-hubby) doesn't know what happened to the prescription that we received from the doc way back then. He told me once that he didn't know where it was, but I assumed he found it since I hadn't heard another word about it. I also assumed that he had some of the old prescription left and was taking that up until T1 told me that he couldn't find the new one. Apparently not. I assume I should no longer assume things. So here I am, trying to find this prescription amongst the piles and bins and messes of paper all over the house. I'm not even sure where to look, it is so overwhelming. I knew I should have taken the prescription after the doc appointment instead of letting T1 take it. Shoulda Coulda Woulda as usual.
Not sure where to start, so here I am! The house is a mess, the brain is a mess, it feels impossible. All I want is a clean and organized house, for once! That old saying - a place for everything and everything in it's place. That's what I want, but how does one get there? If you've never in your life been organized, how do you just become organized? My own ADHD meds are not the miracle I was hoping for. Although I now have the desire and motivation to be organized, I do not have the skills. It's just not something I ever learned how to do, and I certainly wasn't born with some innate ability like some lucky people. Oh how I wish wish wish! But poor T3 gets an ADHD step-mom to go along with his ADHD dad and his ADHD self. It is the most wonderfully crazy disorganized household a child could ever hope to grow up in. What fun! Oh dear blog, please help me to release some stress so that my brain might find a little room for some cleaning and organizing ideas.
Ahhhh, relaxed (a little bit).
Night all! T2.

No comments:

Post a Comment